- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup chopped carrots (2 medium)
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Thin bite-size carrot strips and/or thin lemon peel strips (optional)
- Assorted dippers (such as toasted whole wheat pita wedges, whole grain crackers, and/or vegetable sticks)
1. In a small saucepan, cook chopped carrot, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. In a food processor, combine cooked carrot, beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Stir in parsley.
3. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. If necessary, stir in enough water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach dipping consistency. If desired, garnish with carrot and/or lemon peel strips. Serve with assorted dippers.
- Prepare as directed, except cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 60,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 0,
- sat. fat (g) 0,
- carb. (g) 8,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (IU) 2381,
- vit. C (mg) 3,
- sodium (mg) 124,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Starch () 1,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet