Carrot Cake Preserves
- In a 4- to 6-quart heavy pot combine carrots, pineapple, pear, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Sprinkle mixture with pectin; stir until pectin is dissolved.
- Bring carrot mixture to boiling, stirring constantly. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon. Stir in coconut (if desired) and vanilla.
- Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 7 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot Cake Preserves)
- Per serving:
- 48 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Patricia Barichivich 185 Days Ago
This is a good recipe. I made this one and loved it. I added a bit of candied ginger to it.