Caribbean Pork Chili
pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
tablespoon chili powder
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (optional)
teaspoon ground cumin
tablespoon canola oil
14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
15 ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
cup frozen whole kernel corn
medium mango, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
cup snipped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl combine pork, chili powder, garlic, ground chile pepper (if using), cumin, and salt; toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook half of the pork in hot oil until brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining pork.
- Add tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, and frozen corn to pork in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Combine mango, cilantro, and, if desired, onion shards. Spoon over top of each serving.
Nutrition Facts(Caribbean Pork Chili)
- Per serving:
- 315 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 78 mg chol.,
- 246 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet