Caramelized Peaches with Fresh Rosemary
- In a 10- to 12-inch cast iron skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering and hot, stir in honey.
- Place peach halves, cut sides down, in hot oil mixture. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes or until cut sides begin to brown and peach flesh softens. During cooking, the honey will bubble up and expand. To avoid sticking, occasionally move the peaches around in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low; add orange juice and rosemary, swirling skillet to distribute evenly. Gently turn peaches over; cook for 5 minutes more.
- Place two peach halves on each of four serving plates; spoon rosemary-honey mixture over peaches. If desired, top each serving with some of the Sweetened Whipped Cream. Serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Icon: gluten free, vegetarian
Since the flavor of the olive oil will come through in this recipe, it's extra important to use a high-quality brand. If you've been saving a fancy bottleespecially one from a trusted producer like McEvoy Ranchthis is the time to use it.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a small chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed almost to soft peaks.
Nutrition Facts (Caramelized Peaches with Fresh Rosemary)
- Per serving:
- 246 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet