- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons dip with 1 mini pepper, 1 baby carrot, 2 half squash slices, and 1 broccoli floret each
- Yields: 3 cups dip
- Prep: 25 mins
- Slow Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (low) or 3 to 3 1/2 hours (high) + 45 minutes to 1 hour (low)
Caramelized Onion and Swiss Dip
cups chopped onions (about 4 large)
cup 50% less sodium beef broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup dry white wine
large clove garlic, minced
teaspoon black pepper
ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cut up
cups shredded Swiss cheese (8 ounces)
Smoked paprika or regular paprika (optional)
- In a 2-quart slow cooker combine onions, broth, white wine, butter, garlic, and black pepper. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours. If using high-heat setting, turn cooker to low-heat setting. Add cream cheese, stirring until combined.
- In a medium bowl toss Swiss cheese with flour. Stir into the mixture in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 45 minutes to 1 hour more or until all of the cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- If desired, sprinkle dip with paprika. Serve with assorted dippers.
Nutrition Facts (Caramelized Onion and Swiss Dip)
- Per serving:
- 94 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 16 mg chol.,
- 68 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet