Caramel-Pear Pudding Cake
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, flax seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add milk and oil; stir just until combined. Stir in dried pears. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared cooker.
- In a medium saucepan combine the water, pear nectar, brown sugar, and butter. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour over batter in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the center of cake registers 200 degrees F. If cake begins to look too brown on one side, carefully rotate crockery liner halfway through cooking, if possible. Turn off cooker. If possible, remove crockery liner from cooker. Let stand, uncovered, for 45 minutes to cool slightly.
- To serve, spoon pudding cake into dessert dishes. If desired, top with yogurt.
From the Test Kitchen
This cake should not be inverted onto a serving platter due to the large quantity of hot sauce under the cake layer in the cooker.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel-Pear Pudding Cake)
- Per serving:
- 201 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 4 mg chol.,
- 157 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet