Caramel-Pear Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart square or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl combine bread cubes and melted butter; toss to coat. Stir in pear and dried cranberries. Transfer bread mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, 1/3 cup of the caramel topping, the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture; let stand for 5 minutes. Press lightly with the back of a large spoon to moisten all of the ingredients.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle warm bread pudding with pecans (if desired) and drizzle with the remaining 1/3 cup caramel topping.
From the Test Kitchen
To make dried bread cubes ahead of time, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cut bread into 3/4-inch cubes. Spread cubes in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry, stirring twice; cool.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel-Pear Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 203 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 254 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet