- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Generously grease foil; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking power, and salt; set aside.
- In an extra-large bowl combine sugar and melted butter. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick). Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine caramels and milk. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1-1/4 to 2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup of the hazelnuts and the liqueur. Drizzle caramel mixture over batter in pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand about 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Spread chocolate over brownies. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup hazelnuts.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. (If necessary, chill until chocolate is set.) Using edges of foil, lift brownies out of pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel-Hazelnut Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 280 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 44 mg chol.,
- 168 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
cneuhaus5 355 Days Ago
I won't make again because I have recipes I like better, but if you like a less-sweet brownie, these would be really good. Perfect for a party---a batch weighs in at 6 pounds! But I thought they were a little dry--I like more fudgy type. And I thought they could have used more caramel, too.