Caramel-Banana-Pecan Bread Casserole
- Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with disposable slow cooker liner.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread cubes are golden, stirring once or twice; cool. Place bread cubes in prepared slow cooker.
- In a large bowl whisk together half-and-half, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over bread cubes in cooker. With back of a large spoon, press bread down slightly to moisten cubes completely.
- In a medium bowl, using a pastry blender, cut butter into brown sugar until pieces are pea-size. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over bread mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove crockery liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Cool mixture for 30 minutes.
- Serve casserole with Caramel-Banana Sauce.
- In a medium heavy saucepan combine brown sugar, whipping cream, butter, and corn syrup. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally; reduce heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour sauce into a small bowl; cool to room temperature. If desired, cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight. To serve, let chilled sauce stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Stir in banana.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel-Banana-Pecan Bread Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 658 kcal cal.,
- 39 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 160 mg chol.,
- 445 mg sodium,
- 68 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 38 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet