- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 cups finely chopped cucumbers (seeded if desired)
- 3 cups finely chopped green and/or red sweet peppers (3 medium)
- 3 cups finely chopped onions (6 medium)
- 1/4 cup pickling salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1. Combine vegetables in a very large bowl. Sprinkle with salt; add cold water to cover. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
2. Pour vegetable mixture into a colander set in the sink. Rinse with fresh water and drain well.
3. In a 6- to 8-quart stainless-steel, enamel, or nonstick heavy pot, combine sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, and turmeric. Heat to boiling. Add drained vegetables; return to boiling. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Ladle relish into hot, clean pint canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles and wipe the jar rims; adjust lids. Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boil). Remove jars; cool on racks.
- cal. (kcal) 22,
- carb. (g) 5,
- sugar (g) 5,
- vit. C (mg) 3,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 218,
- Potassium (mg) 22,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet