- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 6 ounce package (1 foil pouch) liquid fruit pectin
1. Finely shred enough lemon peel to make 1 tablespoon. Squeeze juice from lemons to make 3/4 cup. Combine peel, juice, and water; set stand 10 minutes. Strain to remove any pulp and peel; measure 2 cups juice mixture.
2. In a Dutch oven, combine the 2 cups lemon juice mixture and the sugar. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Quickly stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
3. Ladle into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boil). Remove jars; cool on a wire rack. Makes 4 half-pints.
- 1 other carbohydrate.
- cal. (kcal) 57,
- carb. (g) 15,
- sodium (mg) 1,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet