- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 1/2 pounds Concord grapes
- 2 cups water
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
1. Wash and stem grapes. Measure 10 cups. Remove skins from half of the grapes; set aside.
2. In an 8- or 10-quart pot combine the skinned and unskinned grapes. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until very soft. Press grapes through a sieve; discard seeds and cooked skins. Measure 3 cups of strained pulp; return to pot. Stir in the uncooked grape skins and water. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover; stir in sugar. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring often. Boil, uncovered, about 12 minutes or until jam sheets off a metal spoon.
3. Remove pot from heat; quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
4. Ladle at once into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool on a rack until set.
- Servings Per Recipe 84,
- cal. (kcal) 42,
- carb. (g) 11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet