- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 red onion, cut up
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 pints fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
1. In a 4-quart Dutch oven or kettle combine apples, onion, and basil. Add vinegar and brown sugar. Heat over low heat.
2. Meanwhile, rinse blueberries, discarding any that are blemished; drain. Add to vinegar mixture in Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until desired consistency.
3. Ladle hot mixture into hot, clean half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe the rims and adjust lids. Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes. Remove the jars from the canner; cool on racks. Store in a cool, dark place up to 6 months. Makes 6 half-pints (84 one-tablespoon servings).
- Servings Per Recipe 84,
- cal. (kcal) 14,
- carb. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet