- Makes: 84 servings
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Yields: 6 half-pints
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
teaspoons snipped fresh basil leaves
cups white wine vinegar
cup packed light brown sugar
pints fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven or kettle combine apples, onion, and basil. Add vinegar and brown sugar. Heat over low heat.
- Meanwhile, rinse blueberries, discarding any that are blemished; drain. Add to vinegar mixture in Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot, clean half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe the rims and adjust lids. Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes. Remove the jars from the canner; cool on racks. Store in a cool, dark place up to 6 months. Makes 6 half-pints (84 one-tablespoon servings).
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry Chutney)
- Per serving:
- 14 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet