- In heavy medium saucepan combine chocolate and the 1/4 cup whipping cream. Cook over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until mixture is slightly cool to the touch. Stir in liqueur or the 1 tablespoon whipping cream. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until stiff.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls. If desired, press a whole or half nut into center of each ball; reroll until smooth. Place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze about 15 minutes or until firm.
- If desired, roll balls in chopped nuts, powdered sugar, and/or cocoa powder. Or, in heavy small saucepan heat and stir the 8 ounces candy coating over low heat until melted and smooth. Quickly coat truffles, one at a time, with coating; let excess coating drip off. Place truffles on prepared baking sheet. Let stand about 30 minutes or until set.
- If desired, in small heavy saucepan heat and stir the 2 ounces candy coating over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Transfer to a small freezer bag; snip a tiny piece off one corner. Pipe coating onto truffles. Makes about 36 truffles.
Nutrition Facts (Sweetheart Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 54 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 mg chol.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet