- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces or one 11-1/2-ounce package milk chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons cherry brandy (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied cherries
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Powdered sugar
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a heavy medium saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and whipping cream. Cook and stir constantly over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove saucepan from heat; cool slightly. If desired, stir in cherry brandy. Beat truffle mixture with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Stir in cherries. Chill about 1 hour or until firm.
2. Shape chilled chocolate mixture into 3/4- to 1-inch balls. Roll balls in cocoa powder, finely chopped walnuts, and/or powdered sugar. Makes about 24 truffles.
- Place truffles in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet