Make and store these nut-and-fruit filled candies up to 7 days before serving.
- Yields: 30 truffles
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Place the 1/2 cup coconut and powdered sugar in food processor bowl. Cover and process until coconut is finely chopped. Transfer mixture to shallow dish; set aside.
- For truffles, place walnuts, dates, raisins, cranberries, the 1/3 cup coconut, the cocoa powder, and cinnamon in the food processor bowl. Cover and process or blend until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add peanut butter. Cover and process until mixture is moist enough to form a ball.
- Using hands, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls. Dredge or roll the balls in coconut mixture, gently patting the mixture onto sides of balls. Transfer to storage container. Cover; store at room temperature up to 7 days. Makes 30 truffles.
Nutrition Facts (Snack Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 79 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 11 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet