- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 5 ounce can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups tiny marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces or chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
2. Butter the sides of a 2-quart heavy saucepan. In saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Add marshmallows, chocolate pieces, walnuts, and vanilla; stir until marshmallows and chocolate melt and mixture is combined. Beat by hand for 1 minute.
4. Spread fudge evenly in the prepared pan. Score into squares while warm. Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into squares. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Makes about 2 pounds (64 pieces).
- Prepare as above, except substitute 1/2 cup peanut butter for the butter and, if desired, peanuts for the walnuts.
- Nutrition Facts per piece: 58 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 1 mg chol., 14 mg sodium, 9 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 1 g pro.
- Daily Values: 0% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 1% calcium, 1% iron
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbo., 1/2 Fat
- In a 2-1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl microwave butter, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 45 to 60 seconds (for 1,000- to 1,300-watt ovens) or 60 to 75 seconds (for 600- to 800-watt ovens) or until melted. Stir in the sugar and evaporated milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7 minutes (for 1,000- to 1,300-watt ovens) or 10 minutes (for 600- to 800-watt ovens), stirring every 3 minutes. Carefully remove bowl from microwave oven. Add marshmallows, chocolate pieces, nuts, and vanilla, stirring until marshmallows and chocolate are melted and mixture is combined. Beat by hand for 1 minute. Pour into prepared pan; continue as above.
- Servings Per Recipe 64,
- cal. (kcal) 59,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 8,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 1,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 7,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 20,
- Potassium (mg) 21,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet