- Makes: 16 servings
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped corn. Place popcorn in a greased 17x12x2-inch baking pan. Keep popcorn warm in a 300 degree F oven while making syrup mixture.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, water, molasses, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thermometer registers 250 degree F (hard-ball stage), watching carefully to prevent the syrup from boiling over.
- Pour syrup mixture over popcorn. Add sunflower nuts and stir gently to coat popcorn. Cool mixture until easy to handle. Use buttered hands to shape mixture into sixteen 3-1/2-inch logs. Cool logs completely.
- Wrap each log in clear plastic or colored cellophane wrap. Tie ends closed with ribbon. Store at room temperature up to 3 days. Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Popcorn Logs)
- Per serving:
- 151 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 41 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet