- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 20 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups light-colored corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces or candy-coated peanut butter-flavored pieces
1. Remove all unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. Place popcorn in a buttered 17x12x2-inch baking pan or roasting pan. Keep popcorn warm in a 300 degree F oven while preparing marshmallow mixture.
2. In a large saucepan bring corn syrup and sugar to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallow creme, butter, and vanilla until combined.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over hot popcorn; stir gently to coat. Cool until popcorn mixture can be handled easily. Stir in candies. With damp hands, quickly shape mixture into 3-inch-diameter balls. Wrap each popcorn ball in plastic wrap. Store at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Turn popcorn mixture into a buttered 10-inch tube pan. Press gently into pan with spatula or damp hands. Let stand about 30 minutes; remove and slice like cake.
- You will need a white glass bowl with lip, glass paint pens in black, orange, green, and silver. Wash and dry the bowl. Avoid touching the areas to be painted. Paint "Halloween" around the rim of the bowl, drawing pumpkins for the Os and between each word as desired. Let dry. Bake the painted glassware in oven if instructed by the paint manufacturer. Let cool.
- Use Halloween stickers in place of painted jack o-lanterns,
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 218,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 4,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 47,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (RE) 10,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 46,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet