This pretty to serve peppermint divinity candy is rolled and cut to reveal pretty spirals. The delicate candies add color and variety to platters filled with Christmas cookies and candies.
- Makes: 34 servings
- Yields: about 34 slices
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Lightly sprinkle two pastry cloths or waxed paper with sifted powdered sugar.
- Prepare Basic Divinity as directed, except substitute 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract for the vanilla and omit the nuts.
- When candy holds its shape, turn half of the mixture onto the dusted pastry cloth or the waxed paper. Quickly roll candy into a 13-inch square. Tint the remaining candy with a few drops of red food coloring. Roll out remaining candy as directed above.
- Invert one of the divinity squares over the other; press the squares together lightly. Quickly roll up jelly-roll style; press to seal edge. Cut the roll into 3/8-inch slices. Makes about 34 slices.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 3 days ahead prepare pinwheel divinity. Store at room temperature in a tightly covered container.
Nutrition Facts (Pinwheel Divinity)
- Per serving:
- 70 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 9 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet