Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
Pink Coconut, Triple Chocolate, and Square Truffles
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine semisweet chocolate, whipping cream, and butter. Microcook, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. If necessary, return chocolate mixture to microwave and cook on high for 30 seconds more; stir until smooth. Use to make Coconut Truffles, Triple Chocolate Truffles, or Square Truffles. Let truffles stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- After melting chocolate mixture, stir 2/3 cup coconut into the chocolate mixture. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours. Line two baking sheets with nonstick foil or lightly greased foil. Drop chocolate mixture from rounded teaspoons onto prepared sheets. Cover with waxed paper; freeze for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, tint remaining coconut, if desired, by combining coconut and 1 to 2 drops of gel pink food coloring or red food coloring; toss until coconut is tinted. Roll the chocolates between the palms of your hands into round balls, wetting hands if necessary. Roll the chocolate balls in remaining coconut; cover and refrigerate.
- After melting chocolate mixture in Step 1, above, cover bowl and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours. Line two baking sheets with nonstick foil or lightly greased foil. Drop chocolate mixture from rounded teaspoons onto prepared sheets. Cover with waxed paper; freeze for 10 minutes. In a small microwave-safe bowl microcook the chocolate-flavored candy coating on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. If necessary, return to microwave and cook on high for 30 seconds more; stir until smooth. Using a fork, quickly dip the chocolate balls, one at a time, into coating. Draw the fork across the rim of the bowl to remove excess coating. Return to baking sheet. Let stand about 30 minutes or until coating is set.
- In another small bowl combine the white chocolate baking pieces and the shortening. Microcook on high for 30 seconds; stir until melted. If necessary, return to microwave and cook on high for 15 seconds more; stir until smooth. Drizzle over tops of chocolate-covered truffles. Let stand until set. Refrigerate truffles, tightly covered, up to 2 weeks.
- Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with nonstick foil or lightly greased foil, extending foil over edges of pan; set aside. Melt chocolate, whipping cream, and butter as in Step 1. Pour 3/4 cup chocolate mixture in prepared pan. Spread evenly. Sprinkle coconut evenly over chocolate layer. Pour remaining chocolate mixture over coconut; spread evenly. Freeze 1 to 48 hours. Use edges of foil to lift chocolate from pan. Cut chocolate into 36 squares. Place about 1/3 cup cocoa powder in a small bowl. Dredge truffles in cocoa powder. Refrigerate until 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Pink Coconut, Triple Chocolate, and Square Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 150 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 17 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet