- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 14 ounce package vanilla caramels
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 1/2 pounds dipping chocolate or confectioners coating
1. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
2. In a heavy 1-1/2-quart saucepan combine vanilla caramels, the 3 tablespoons butter, and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted. Stir in the chopped peanuts. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
3. Chill about 1 hour or until firm. When firm, use the foil to lift candy out of the pan; cut candy into 2x1-inch rectangles.
4. Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners coating. Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
5. Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes 32 candy bars.
- Up to 1 week ahead prepare candy bars. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
- Servings Per Recipe 32,
- cal. (kcal) 207,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 24,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 64,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet