Peanut-Caramel Candy Bars
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
- In a heavy 1-1/2-quart saucepan combine vanilla caramels, the 3 tablespoons butter, and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted. Stir in the chopped peanuts. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Chill about 1 hour or until firm. When firm, use the foil to lift candy out of the pan; cut candy into 2x1-inch rectangles.
- Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners coating. Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
- Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes 32 candy bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 1 week ahead prepare candy bars. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut-Caramel Candy Bars)
- Per serving:
- 207 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 64 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet