- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 inches round or heart-shaped metal cookie cutters
- 8 ounces assorted red, pink, and/or clear hard candies
- 35 - 60 (2 to 3 ounces each)assorted small decorative candies, such as red cinnamon candies, small nonpareils, colored candy hearts, spice drops, and gumdrops
- Edible rose petals or other flower petals (optional)
- Lollipop sticks
1. Place unwrapped hard candies in a heavy plastic bag, then place bag on top of folded towel and crush candies into small chunks with meat mallet or small hammer.
2. Make only three or four lollipops at one time. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place desired cookie cutters on foil, at least 2 inches apart. Divide crushed candies evenly among cutters, approximately 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons per lollipop. Candy layer should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Add small decorative candies or edible rose or other flower petals to crushed candies. (If using flower petals, make sure they are covered with a layer of the crushed candy.)
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until candies are completely melted. Cool 30 seconds. Remove cookie cutters with tongs, allowing melted candy to spread slightly.
4. Quickly attach a stick to base of each lollipop, twisting the stick to cover lollipop end with melted candy. If desired, press more small candies or flower petals into hot lollipops. Cool. Peel foil from lollipops. Makes 8 lollipops.
- Prepare and cool the candies; wrap with plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 2 days.
- These lollipops are not intended for children under age 3. To prevent choking, the Consumer Product Safety Commission says children under 3 shouldn't handle anything smaller than 2-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 inches.
- cal. (kcal) 135,
- carb. (g) 34,
- sodium (mg) 11,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet