- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 50 blanched whole almonds (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 pounds dipping chocolate or confectioners coating
1. Butter a 12x9-inch piece of foil; set foil aside. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and vanilla. Stir in the coconut.
2. Turn coconut mixture onto the buttered foil. Pat coconut mixture into a 10x5-inch rectangle. Cut the mixture into 2x1-inch rectangles. Press 2 blanched whole almonds into the top of each rectangle.
3. Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners coating. Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
4. Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes 25 candy bars.
- Up to 1 week ahead prepare candy bars. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
- Servings Per Recipe 25,
- cal. (kcal) 252,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 4,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 34,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 11,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet