Coconut-Almond Candy Bars
- Butter a 12x9-inch piece of foil; set foil aside. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and vanilla. Stir in the coconut.
- Turn coconut mixture onto the buttered foil. Pat coconut mixture into a 10x5-inch rectangle. Cut the mixture into 2x1-inch rectangles. Press 2 blanched whole almonds into the top of each rectangle.
- Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners coating. Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
- Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes 25 candy bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 1 week ahead prepare candy bars. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Almond Candy Bars)
- Per serving:
- 252 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 11 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet