Here's the best caramel corn we've ever tasted! Make extra to keep as snacks to share with family and drop-in guests.
- Makes: 15 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cool: 1 hr
- Bake: 20 mins 300°F
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popcorn. Lightly coat a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine popcorn and nuts in the prepared pan; keep warm in 300 degree F oven.
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly (about 12 minutes). Cook and stir for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda (the mixture will foam).
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn-nut mixture in prepared pan; stir gently to coat.
- Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Stir popcorn mixture. Bake for 5 minutes more. Remove from oven. Spread on a large piece of foil to cool. Break apart to serve. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Makes about 15 cups mixture (thirty, 1/2-cup servings).
You will need felt in 3 colors; pinking shears; thread; needle; thick white crafts glue; 2 large buttons; brown gift bag with handles; suede cord in 3 colors; pony bead; 4 large paper clips; and parchment paper,waxed paper, or plastic wrap.
Using gold felt for the base color, cut a rectangle 1/4-inch smaller than the bag front. Trim the bottom to a point. Cut the second felt color (blue) 1/2-inch smaller than the base color. Cut a diamond shape from the remaining piece of felt. Layer felt shapes and sew in the center. Glue around the edges, leaving the top of the blue felt shape open like a pocket. Sew a button to the center of the felt pieces and at the point. Glue onto the bag front. Cut a length of cord to fit around the bottom button, leaving 2-inch tails. Slip tails through a pony bead. Wrap the handles with suede cord, gluing the ends to secure. Use a paper clip to hold each end in place until the glue dries. Remove paper clips. Line bag with parchment paper, waxed paper, or plastic wrap.
Use heavy colored paper instead of felt to embellish the bag.
- 134 kcal cal.;
- 8 g Fat, total;
- 13 mg chol.;
- 4 g sat. fat;
- 15 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 2 g pro.;
- 102 mg sodium;
- 10 mg calcium;
- 41 RE vit. A;
- 0 mg iron
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet