- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Self-sealing plastic bag
- 1 16 ounce can chocolate frosting
- 20 chocolate ice cream cones
- Candy corn or assorted small candies
- Large green and yellow gumdrops (optional)
- 20 2 - 3 inches chocolate cookies
1. Fill plastic bag with some chocolate frosting. Seal bag and cut a very small end off one corner of the bag and set aside. For each hat, invert one ice cream cone and fill with about 2 tablespoons candy corn or small candies. Pipe some frosting from bag along bottom edge of cone. Press a cookie against frosting. Carefully invert right side up onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
2. Decorate outside of cone with small candies, using additional frosting as necessary. Refill frosting bag as needed. If desired, roll out large green and yellow gumdrops on a sugared surface until 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1/4-inch strips. Press green strips around brim of hat and cut smaller pieces from yellow strips to make a buckle; press onto hat. Makes 20 hats.