Buttery Cashew Brittle
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 3-quart saucepan. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to boiling; add butter and stir until butter is melted. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, stirring occasionally, until thermometer registers 280 degree F, the soft-crack stage (about 35 minutes).
- Stir in cashews; continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until thermometer registers 300 degree F, the hard-crack stage (10 to 15 minutes more).
- Remove pan from heat; remove thermometer. Quickly stir in the baking soda, mixing thoroughly. Pour mixture onto 2 buttered baking sheets or 2 buttered 15x10x1-inch pans.
- As the cashew brittle cools, stretch it out by lifting and pulling with 2 forks from the edges. Loosen from pans as soon as possible; pick up sections and break them into bite-size pieces. Store tightly covered. Makes 2-1/2 pounds (72 servings).
Nutrition Facts (Buttery Cashew Brittle)
- Per serving:
- 90 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 7 mg chol.,
- 47 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
AcornWellness 917 Days Ago
There's a typo in the ingredients. Amount of cashews should read 12 oz or 3 cups. I've made several batches of this recipe every year for decades¿my mother-in-law would divorce me if I ever gave it up! So good. Even people who say they don't like brittle like this.