- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces assorted red, pink, and/or clear hard candies
- 35 - 60 (2 to 3 ounces) assorted small decorative candies, such as red cinnamon candies, small nonpareils, colored candy hearts, spice drops, and gumdrops
- Lollipop sticks
1. Place unwrapped hard candies in a heavy plastic bag, then place bag on top of a folded towel and crush candies into small chunks with a meat mallet or small hammer.
2. Make only 2 or 3 lollipops at one time. Line a baking sheet with foil; lightly grease the foil. Use approximately 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the crushed candy per lollipop and place on foil. Candy layer should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Add small decorative candies to crushed candies.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until candies are completely melted. Cool 30 seconds. Quickly attach a stick to the base of each lollipop, twisting the stick to cover lollipop end with melted candy. If desired, carefully press more small candies into hot lollipops. Cool. Peel foil from lollipops. Store, covered, in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week. Makes 8 lollipops.
- These lollipops are not intended for children under age 3.
- Push small pieces of tissue paper into the glass until half filled. Arrange lollipops in glass. Wind garland around lollipop stems to hold in place.
- Flea market vases and tumblers work nicely as lollipop holders.
- Red tissue paper, tall ice cream glass, and red sparkling garland.