Candied Apple Pizza
Ingredients Pizza:Streusel Topping:
recipe Pizza Dough or 1 pound ball purchased pizza dough
tablespoons powdered sugar
teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
medium green apples
tablespoons lemon juice
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoons ground cinnamon
tablespoons unsalted butter
cup chopped pecans (optional)
Purchased caramel sauce
Pinch flaked sea salt
Powdered sugar, for finishing
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 500 degrees F (or tap "Cook's Tip" with Pizza Dough recipe.
- For crusts, evenly divide dough in two pieces. Thinly stretch each piece and dust with flour. Bake crusts 6 to 8 minutes or until firm with no browning. Let crusts stand to cool.
- In a small bowl mix mascarpone with powdered sugar and vanilla paste. Divide between two crusts; smearing evenly to edges.
- Core and finely slice apples. Place slices in large bowl. Sprinkle slices with lemon juice; toss to coat.
- For Streusel Topping, in a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Evenly spread apples then topping on cheese layer. Bake each pizza for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine caramel sauce with a pinch of sea salt. Remove pizzas from oven. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Generously sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 2 pizzas (about 16 servings).
cup warm water (113 degrees F)
tablespoon active dry yeast (or 2 packets)
tablespoons olive oil, plus more to grease bowl
teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the sugar in the 1 cup warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let stand for 10 minutes or until foamy. Add the olive oil and salt to yeast mixture, then use the dough hook to mix in the all-purpose flour. Mix until the dough comes together. Add more flour as needed and allow the machine to knead the dough until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and salt to yeast mixture, then use the dough hook to mix in the all-purpose flour. Mix until the dough comes together. Add more flour as needed and allow the machine to knead the dough until smooth.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead about 2 minutes more (dough will no longer be sticky). Place dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat the surface. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let stand in a warm place about 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface. Divide in half. Form into smooth, tight balls. Cover loosely with a floured kitchen towel and set in a warm place to rise again for 30 to 45 minutes.
- When ready to use, press dough with fingers to flatten as much as possible. Drape dough over hands, stretching to desired size and thickness. Place dough on a floured pizza peel. Top and bake as directed in recipes.
Nutrition Facts(Candied Apple Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 296 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 263 mg sodium,
- 40 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet