- Makes: 4 servings
- Bake: 8 mins 450°
- Cook: 4 mins to 6 mins
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
California Tuna Parmesan
4 ounces fresh or frozen tuna steaks
cup olive oil
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
5 ounce package mixed baby greens
cup finely shaved Parmesan cheese
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Finely shred 2 teaspoons peel from one lemon. Squeeze juice from lemon. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the lemon peel and juice, olive oil, pepper, and salt; set aside. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges; set aside.
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Place asparagus in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons dressing. Bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon dressing over medium heat. Add tuna; cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until browned and center is slightly pink.
- Divide greens among serving plates; top with tuna and asparagus. Drizzle remaining dressing over all. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts (California Tuna Parmesan)
- Per serving:
- 377 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 16 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 312 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet