- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 1-layer-size yellow cake mix
- 1 4-serving-size package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups hulled and halved strawberries
- 1 12 ounce whipped strawberry frosting
- 18 vanilla wafers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a decorative 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or quiche dish. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pie plate or dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove and cool in dish on a wire rack. Use a serrated knife to hollow out the center of the cake, leaving a 1-inch shell. Prepare pudding according to package directions for pie. Spoon into center of cake.
2. Arrange strawberries in circles, cut sides down, over pudding. Place frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip; pipe frosting around edge of cake. Press wafers along edge of cake for a decorative border. Makes 8 to 10 servings.