Slice wedges of this creamy dessert cheesecake to reveal a red swirl of cranberry sauce.
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Chill: 6 hrs to 24 hrs
- Cool: 1 hr 45 mins
cup packed brown sugar
cup finely chopped pecans
cup granulated sugar
cups fresh cranberries
cup orange juice
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup granulated sugar
8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
cup whipping cream
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
tablespoon orange juice
cup dairy sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add the 1-1/4 cups flour and the pecans. Beat just until combined (dont over beat). With floured hands, press dough onto the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack while preparing filling. For sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, stir together 1 cup granulated sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in the cranberries and the 1 cup orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove half of the sauce (about 1 cup) and let stand at room temperature to cool slightly. Cover and chill remaining sauce until serving time.
- Place the 1 cup cooled sauce in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth ( you will have 3/4 cup sauce). Set aside. For filling:
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup granulated sugar, the carton of sour cream, and the 2 tablespoons flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add eggs. Beat just until combined (dont over beat). Using a wooden spoon, stir in whipping cream, orange peel, the 1 tablespoon orange juice, and the 1 teaspoon vanilla (filling will be slightly thin).
- Pour about half of the filling into the crust-lined pan. Drizzle pureed sauce over the filling in the pan. Carefully pour the remaining filling into the pan, covering the sauce as much as possible. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 1 hour or until the center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, top wedges of the chilled cheesecake with some of the chilled sauce and dollops of the 1/2 cup sour cream. Pass remaining sauce. Makes 16 servings.