- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add the 1-1/4 cups flour and the pecans. Beat just until combined (dont over beat). With floured hands, press dough onto the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack while preparing filling.For sauce::
2. In a medium saucepan, stir together 1 cup granulated sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in the cranberries and the 1 cup orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove half of the sauce (about 1 cup) and let stand at room temperature to cool slightly. Cover and chill remaining sauce until serving time.
3. Place the 1 cup cooled sauce in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth ( you will have 3/4 cup sauce). Set aside.For filling::
4. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup granulated sugar, the carton of sour cream, and the 2 tablespoons flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add eggs. Beat just until combined (dont over beat). Using a wooden spoon, stir in whipping cream, orange peel, the 1 tablespoon orange juice, and the 1 teaspoon vanilla (filling will be slightly thin).
5. Pour about half of the filling into the crust-lined pan. Drizzle pureed sauce over the filling in the pan. Carefully pour the remaining filling into the pan, covering the sauce as much as possible. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 1 hour or until the center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
6. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
7. Just before serving, top wedges of the chilled cheesecake with some of the chilled sauce and dollops of the 1/2 cup sour cream. Pass remaining sauce. Makes 16 servings.