- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 2-layer-size desired-flavor cake mix
- 2 16 ounce can white frosting
- Black food coloring
- Red fruit leather
- 1 silver-colored Jordan almond
- Black or brown candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 3 large desired-color gum drops
- Pastel-colored licorice candies
- 2 1 inches round white wafer candies
- 2 brown miniature candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package for 13x9x2-inch pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
2. Place cake on a large rectangular serving tray or foil-covered cake board. Use pattern to cut out shapes to make a robot. Reserve trimmings.
3. Place frosting in a large bowl. Add enough black food coloring to make a gray color. Spread frosting over robot shape to coat (it is not necessary to frost the spaces between the arms and legs). If desired, spread frosting over trimmings and cut into squares for serving. Place remaining frosting in a resealable plastic bag and snip off a small corner.
4. To decorate robot, cut a 1-inch wide strip of fruit leather and lay across the body of the robot, just below where the arms end, for belt. Attach almond to center of belt with frosting from bag, then attach black milk chocolate pieces to belt with frosting. Press milk chocolate pieces into robot to separate feet from legs and arms from shoulders. Press gumdrops down center of robot above belt for buttons. Press licorice candies into chest for "power meter" and on face for smile. Press wafer candies into face for eyes and attach miniature milk chocolate pieces to wafer candies with frosting for pupils. Use licorice candies for eyebrows.
5. Decorate trimmed cake pieces with additional candy, if desired. Makes 12 to 16 servings.