- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce package pound cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 16 ounce can vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- Orange food coloring
- Large gumdrops (optional)
- Gumdrop Leaves and Vines (see note below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour six 4-inch fluted individual tube pans.
2. In large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, the water, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes., Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into each tube pan. (Keep remaining batter refrigerated.)
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove mini cakes from pans. Cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining batter to make six more mini cakes. If necessary, trim flat sides of mini cakes evenly with serrated knife. Tint frosting orange.
4. For each pumpkin cake, spread about 2 rounded tablespoons of the frosting on flat side of one mini cake. Add another mini cake, pressing flat sides together to form a round pumpkin-shape cake. Frost outside of cake with orange frosting. If desired, make stems by trimming sides of green gumdrops straight with knife; place stem in center of each cake. Make leaves and vines (below); place on top and around bottom of each cake. Makes 12 servings.
- On a sugared surface, roll out large green, red, orange, and yellow gumdrops with a well-sugared rolling pin. For the vines, cut the rolled-out gumdrops into thin strips and wrap them around a straw. Let stand for several hours or until dry. For leaves, use a tiny leaf-shape cookie cutter to cut out the rolled-out candy. Dry on waxed paper.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 349,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 36,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 62,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 290,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet