Peanut Butter Cake
- Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set pan aside.
- For topping, in a small bowl stir together the 1/2 cup flour and the 1/2 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/4 cup peanut butter and the 3 tablespoons butter or margarine till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the 2 cups flour, the 1 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add milk, the 1/2 cup peanut butter, eggs, and the 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium to high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake in a 375 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Grease and lightly flour thirty 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Prepare cake as directed. Fill each cup half full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts(Peanut Butter Cake)
- Per serving:
- 265 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 28 mg chol.,
- 256 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet