cups rolled oats
tablespoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cups fresh cranberries, chopped
teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; set aside. In bowl stir together flour, oats, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 cup sugar; beat until well combined. Add eggs; beat until well combined. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beating on low speed after each addition until combined.
- Toss cranberries with 2 tablespoons sugar; fold into batter with orange peel. Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool on rack. Prepare Orange Glaze; spoon over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set. Makes 12 servings.
cup sifted powdered sugar
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
tablespoons orange juice
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and finely shredded orange peel. Stir in enough orange juice to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts(Orange-Cranberry Cake)
- Per serving:
- 374 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 85 mg chol.,
- 318 mg sodium,
- 57 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 31 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet