Upload your photo here.
Orange-Caramel Pudding Cake
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add milk and melted butter; stir just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans and currants. Spread batter evenly in the prepared cooker.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, orange peel, orange juice, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon butter. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve brown sugar; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Remove liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Let stand, uncovered, for 45 minutes to cool slightly.
- To serve, spoon pudding cake into dessert dishes. Top with caramel topping and additional pecans and if desired, whipped cream.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your cake is finished cooking, spoon it out of your slow cooker. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Note: Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Caramel Pudding Cake)
- Per serving:
- 390 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 23 mg chol.,
- 255 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 42 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet