Orange Candy Cake
Orange Candy Cake
- Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. In a small bowl toss together 2 tablespoons of the flour and the snipped orange candies; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining flour, the baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Fold in the orange candy mixture, toasted pecans, coconut, dates, and orange peel. Spread mixture in prepared pan. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 70 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack set over a shallow baking pan; remove tube pan. Using a long-tined fork, poke holes in the warm cake.
- In a small bowl combine the 1 cup powdered sugar and the orange juice. Very slowly spoon orange juice mixture over warm cake. Cool on the wire rack. Sprinkle top with a little additional powdered sugar just before serving. Makes 12 to 15 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To make 1-1/3 cups sour milk, place 4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1-1/3 cups liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using it in the recipe.
6 other carbohydrate, 3 fat.
Nutrition Facts (Orange Candy Cake)
- Per serving:
- 619 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 116 mg chol.,
- 342 mg sodium,
- 94 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet