- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set prepared pan aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter for 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add dry mixture and milk alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer 1-1/2 cups of the batter to another bowl; stir in chocolate-flavored syrup. Pour light batter into the prepared pan. Spoon chocolate batter atop. Gently cut through batters to marble.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Place cake in pan on a wire rack. Cool thoroughly. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Marble Cake)
- Per serving:
- 412 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 75 mg chol.,
- 313 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet