- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 ounces amaretti (about 3 cups) or shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain malted milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 - 8 pastel malted-milk candy eggs or malted-milk balls
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in food processor bowl combine amaretti and nuts; process to fine crumbs. Add butter; process just until combined. Pat in bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Completely cool in pan on rack about 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan melt white chocolate with 1/4 cup of the whipping cream; set aside.
3. In small microwave-safe bowl sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand until gelatin is softened, about 3 minutes. Microcook gelatin mixture, uncovered, on 50% power 15 seconds, just until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir gelatin mixture into white chocolate mixture. Refrigerate, stirring often, until chocolate-gelatin mixture is chilled and begins to thicken.
4. Meanwhile, in extra-large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, malted milk powder, and salt on medium until light and fluffy. Gradually add thickened gelatin mixture; beat just until combined. In medium mixing bowl beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until blended. Spoon into cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours or up to 8 hours.
5. To serve, remove sides of pan; place on serving plate. Top with malted milk eggs; slice cake. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 354,
- Fat, total (g) 26,
- chol. (mg) 67,
- sat. fat (g) 14,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 5,
- vit. A (IU) 777,
- sodium (mg) 205,
- calcium (mg) 61,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet