This sweet sensation needs little embellishment beyond a light lemon glaze. Yogurt and beaten egg whites make this cake light and tender.
0 did it
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 25 mins 350°F
- Lightly coat an 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl stir together flour, rosemary, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine granulated sugar, egg yolks, and oil; beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Add yogurt and lemon peel. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture. Beat just until combined.
- Thoroughly wash beaters. In medium mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Stir one-third of the stiffly beaten egg whites into batter to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 28 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Use tines of a fork to pierce cake. Slowly drizzle Lemon Glaze over cake. Cool completely. Invert to remove from pan; turn cake top side up. If desired, top individual servings with strawberries and garnish with a lemon piece. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 8 servings.
- In a small bowl stir together lemon juice and powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Rosemary Cake)
- Per serving:
- 197 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 54 mg chol.,
- 149 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet