Gingerbread, pears, and ice cream create this simple warm and spicy dessert.
- In a bowl combine softened vanilla ice cream with ginger. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare and bake gingerbread mix according to package directions using the 9x9x2-inch pan option. Cool. Cut into 1-1/2- to 2-inch chunks.
- In a 12-inch skillet combine sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Carefully add pears, stirring to coat. Cook and stir an additional 8 to 10 minutes for fresh pears or 3 minutes for canned pears.
- To assemble, place gingerbread in a 3-quart au gratin dish or oval casserole. Top with scoops of ice cream and pears. Drizzle with half of the sauce in skillet. Pass remaining sauce. Serve immediately. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Gingerbread Tumble)
- Per serving:
- 748 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 114 mg chol.,
- 418 mg sodium,
- 106 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 84 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet