Fresh Ginger Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together crushed gingersnaps and the melted butter. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Beat in the 1 cup sugar, the flour, ginger, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Beat in whipping cream just until combined. Stir in eggs (do not beat). Pour into crust-lined pan. Place on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 45 minutes or just until center is set. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and the 2 tablespoons sugar. Using a spoon, spread mixture evenly over top of baked cheesecake. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan; cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover; chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, warm the caramel topping and spoon over top of cheesecake, allowing some to drip down sides. If desired, top with strips of crystallized ginger. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Ginger Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 448 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat,
- 141 mg chol.,
- 349 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Emma Davis 257 Days Ago
Great recipe!Here is another good recipe to try. Raw Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake. Very easy to make. Best I've ever had!http://skinnygirlsguide.com/raw-ginger-pumpkin-cheesecake/