- Makes: 9 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
- Grease and flour and 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. Stir together the 1 cup flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F oven. Place softened butter or margarine and ginger in a medium mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir in yogurt and milk.
- Add flour mixture, beating on low to medium speed until combined. Toss dates with 2 tablespoons flour and fold into batter. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly (about 30 minutes) in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with warm Orange Sauce. Makes 9 servings.
- Stir sugar, cornstarch, grated fresh ginger or ground ginger, and finely shredded orange peel in a small saucepan. Stir in orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove pan from heat. Stir in butter or margarine, cut up, until melted. Cover pan and cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Date-Ginger Cake)
- Per serving:
- 277 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 43 mg chol.,
- 176 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet