- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 45 mins to 50 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. Combine 2 cups of the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and allspice; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating on low after each addition until combined. In a bowl toss cranberries, pear, and walnuts with remaining 1/2 cup flour; gently stir into batter. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool on rack. Top cake with whipped cream, cranberries, and pear slices. Serve with Caramel Sauce. Makes 12 servings.
- In a large saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, half-and-half or light cream, and corn syrup. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil gently for 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Pear-Walnut Cake)
- Per serving:
- 431 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 69 mg chol.,
- 168 mg sodium,
- 64 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet