Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With the nonstick spray for baking, generously coat a 10-inch square tube pan without removable bottom or a 10-inch fluted tube pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl set aside 1/2 cup of the flour. In a large bowl combine remaining flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. To the reserved 1/2 cup flour, stir in chocolate chunks; toss to coat.
- In another bowl combine pumpkin, melted butter, and eggs. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Add chocolate mixture. Stir until combined. Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Gently remove cake from pan; cool 30 minutes. Brush with Molasses Glaze; cool. Served with Molasses Whipped Cream. Makes 12 to 16 servings
Molasses Whipped Cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and molasses. Beat with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spoon into serving bowl. Sprinkle lightly with pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice, or ground cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan melt butter; stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and molasses. Bring to simmer. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool 5 minutes; spoon over cake.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Cake)
- Per serving:
- 683 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 176 mg chol.,
- 464 mg sodium,
- 98 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 70 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet