- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375F. For crust, in a medium bowl stir together crushed graham crackers and the 1/3 cup sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press the crumb mixture onto bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan; Place the crust-lined springform pan on a double layer of 18x12-inch heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bring edges of foil up and mold around sides of pan to form a watertight seal.
2. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, the flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs. Pour into crust-lined pan. Place in a roasting pan and pour enough hot water around pan to reach halfway up the sides. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes for the 8-inch pan (35 to 40 minutes for the 9-inch pan) or until edges of cake are set but center jiggles a bit when pan is gently shaken. Turn oven off and let cheesecake sit in oven for 1 hour.
3. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Prepare as directed above, except substitute chocolate-flavor graham crackers for the regular graham crackers in the crust. For the filling, add 1/4 teaspoon mint flavoring with the vanilla and substitute 1/4 cup green creme de menthe liqueur for the milk. After stirring in the eggs, stir in 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces. Bake and cool as directed. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, just before serving, drizzle slices with purchased fudge sauce.
- Before serving, top chilled cheesecake with 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds and if desired, 1/2 cup fresh raspberries. Drizzle with 1/4 cup honey. Slice and serve cheesecake as directed.
- Before serving, drizzle individual slices with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon each of purchased caramel ice cream topping and chocolate-flavored syrup. Sprinkle each slice with about 1 tablespoon chopped dry-roasted peanuts.
- Before serving, top chilled cheesecake with 1 cup of one or more flavors of chopped chocolate candy bars, such as chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, chocolate-covered English toffee, chocolate-covered nougat bars, milk chocolate, and/or dark chocolate. If desired, drizzle each slice with purchased butterscotch, caramel, mocha chocolate, or chocolate fudge sauce.
- In a 1--quart saucepan heat 1/3 cup of Orange marmalade or desired flavor fruit preserves just until spoonable. Top cheesecake with 1 to 2 cups fresh fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, halved sweet cherries, or sliced strawberries or peaches; drizzle with heated preserves.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 405,
- Fat, total (g) 27,
- chol. (mg) 129,
- sat. fat (g) 16,
- carb. (g) 34,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 7,
- vit. A (IU) 972,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 282,
- Potassium (mg) 144,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet