Carrot-Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In small saucepan combine brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. butter, and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to boiling and is smooth. Pour in prepared pan; tilt to evenly coat bottom. Arrange pineapple slices over top.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter on medium-high 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar, beat until combined; beat 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and 3/4 cup milk; beat on low after each just until combined. Stir in carrots. Spread batter over pineapple.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Invert on platter. Cool 30 minutes. Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot-Pineapple Upside-Down Cake)
- Per serving:
- 374 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 82 mg chol.,
- 341 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 34 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet