Caramel-Apple Pudding Cake
medium tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith or Jonathan, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (2 cups)
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground nutmeg
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
cup chopped pecans or walnuts
cup caramel ice cream topping
tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart square baking dish; arrange apple slices in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Top evenly with raisins; set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add milk, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly over apple mixture.
- Combine caramel topping, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan; bring to boiling. Pour caramel mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until set in center. Spoon warm individual servings into dessert dishes, inverting each portion. Spoon caramel-apple mixture from the pan over each portion. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Caramel-Apple Pudding Cake)
- Per serving:
- 223 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 mg chol.,
- 173 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet