Brandy-Glazed Carrot Cakes
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cups finely shredded carrots
cup cooking oil
cup butter (no substitutes)
cups sifted powdered sugar
tablespoon brandy, orange liqueur, or vanilla
Chopped toasted pecans or hazelnuts (optional)
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Line bottom with parchment or waxed paper. Grease paper; set pan aside. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, carrots, and oil in another mixing bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges and remove cake from pan; remove paper. Turn right side up. Cool thoroughly.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sifted powdered sugar and brandy, orange liqueur, or vanilla. Stir in enough water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make of glazing consistency.
- Cut cake into nine squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to form triangles. Place cake pieces on a rack over a baking sheet. Slowly spoon brandy glaze over each piece, allowing some glaze to drizzle down sides. Top with chopped toasted pecans or hazelnuts, if desired. Makes 18 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Brandy-Glazed Carrot Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 190 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 33 mg chol.,
- 120 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet